Seven Steps to Make Sure Your Vote is Counted
Submitted by admin on Wed, 06/18/2008 - 14:47
- Make sure you are on your precinct's list of registered voters --- DO IT TODAY!
- Get a sample ballot and read it carefully
- Bring your sample ballot to help you in the voting booth
- Try to vote between 10 AM and 4 PM on election day, or allow extra time for long lines
- Know your rights and ask for help if you need it
- You have a right to vote if you are registered in your precinct (even if your name does not appear on the list of registered voters in your precinct)
- Stop and double check that your ballot reflects how you want to vote before you cast your ballot
For a more detailed list, see attached document.