Workshop on UOCAVA Remote Voting Systems
Purpose: The Election Assistance Commission (EAC), Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) of the Department of Defense, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are sponsoring a workshop to explore the technical issues associated with remote electronic absentee voting systems for military and overseas voters.
* Desired/required functional properties of UOCAVA remote voting systems
* Advantages and disadvantages of different UOCAVA remote voting system architectures
* Ways to express and compare risks, including using metrics
* Risks associated with using the Cyber Infrastructures such as the Internet
* Risks associated with domestic and UOCAVA mail-in absentee voting
* Risks associated with remote electronic voting
* Domestic and UOCAVA mail-in absentee voting and remote electronic voting risk comparisons
* Experiences with remote electronic absentee voting systems
The workshop organizers are soliciting position papers on these topics.